Wednesday, June 1, 2011

 

Summer Meditation Challenge! (Day 1)

And we're off! I set for 30 minutes this morning. The view from my cushion is our backyard. A swamp myrtle partially obscures the view of the garden. A brown thrasher kept jumping around on the limbs of the swamp myrtle. Here he is...



I followed yesterday's technique again today. The point is to stay focused on the breath while noting other things that claim attention. The thrasher, of course, was one of those other things. I also noted my thoughts. Sometime a single thought would occur in isolation. At other times I could witness a chain of thoughts unfolding. The unfolding was aimless yet connected, as if each thought triggered a subsequent thought that was tangentially related. Sometimes I could follow this while continuing to follow my breath; other times not.

Labels: , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]