Wednesday, June 29, 2011

 

Summer Meditation Challenge! (Day 29)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011






So, I babysat Johan today for awhile, about three hours. Anna had just put him down a few minutes before my arrival. She left for work, and five minutes later, Johan woke up.

It's pretty amazing to watch a developing kid interact with the world. The little guy was a pleasure to be with for the whole time, even with two mega-poops to clean up. The fun is watching him pay attention to certain things. I noticed something about myself as well, something different from my parenting days of 30 years ago. I have no ego attachment to how he turns out. Furthermore, I had no particular attachment to how we spent the time together, whether he ate food or not, etc. And lo and behold, everything was just fine! Even when he was moderately unhappy, things were just as they should be.

I wonder what role meditation practice plays in this? For me, anyway.

Well, here is Puppetji on meditation practice; maybe I won't fart when I go to sit in just a minute!


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]