Sunday, June 5, 2011

 

Summer Meditation Challenge! (Day 5)

While my Wilmington sangha friends were sitting quietly and doing nothing, Rebecca and I sat for 45 minutes overlooking Lake Twitty just east of Monroe. We were inside, as the humidity had already risen and it was quite muggy. The view was still spectacular, however.



I continued to work towards access concentration, a la Kenneth Folk's description. Hard to say (in this sitting) if I was in that safe state. My goal this week is to pay attention to that.

We preceded the sit with another lovely breakfast out on the deck. An omelet with onions, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, swiss cheese, mushrooms, spinach, and avocado, with Gimme Lean and pork sausage on the side! Maybe that's why I had a tendency to nod off at the end of the meditation!

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]