Wednesday, July 6, 2011

 

Summer Meditation Challenge! (Day 35)

Tuesday, July 5, 2011




I noticed that in my daily activities today, I had a difficult time staying focused on anything beyond more than 5 minutes or so. Is this an example of Hyperlink Hyperactivity Disorder? Here's a New York Times article that introduces the issue of shortened attention spans due to excessive Internet time. It's called The Medium Is the Medium.

The NYT article references The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains, by Nicholas Carr.

I think I should check this out. My sitting tonight was a virtual solar corona of thoughts firing, subsiding, and firing again. So much to the point that I couldn't finish out my designated 30 minute sit!

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]